Complete weekly virtual and at-home activities to become a Norbert’s Reading Ranger! Once you’ve earned your badge, pick it up at the Children’s Library between June 28th and July 10th.
Week 3 of Norbert’s Reading Rangers focuses on plants, art, and more. Complete at least 3 of the following challenges, and don’t forget to participate next week to qualify for your Norbert’s Reading Ranger badge! If you missed Week 1 or Week 2, you can still go back and complete them.
1. Create your own woodpecker and nuthatch kinetic toys using Smokieee’s templates and video guide below.
2. Learn about traditional Cherokee pottery techniques through Smokieee’s video.
3. Color the Wildflowers of the Smokies coloring sheet by the Great Smoky Mountains Institute at Tremont. Visit the Children’s Library if you would like a paper copy of the coloring sheet or need to borrow some crayons!
4. Complete the National Park Foundation’s Parks Word Search. Visit the Children’s Library if you need a paper copy!
5. Read a book about plants.
6. Go on a flower scavenger hunt using Smokieee’s Find the Flowers checklist. Visit the Children’s Library if you want to pick up a paper copy of the checklist!
7. Complete the National Park Foundation’s Crossword Puzzle #1. Check your answers using this key.
9. Color the Turkey Tail Mushroom Coloring Sheet by the Great Smoky Mountains Institute at Tremont. Visit the Children’s Library to get a paper copy!
10. Learn about lichens with Discover Life in America’s video.