December 31, 2015
Here are a few highlights from December in the Children’s Library….
The Page Turners Book Club met on December 7th to talk about Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls. They used old magazines to create collages that represented the story.
We had a winter/Christmas challenge at Lego Club on December 11th. Check out this work of Lego art!
Santa came for a visit at the library on December 17th. We set up a photo booth for families to come get their picture taken with Santa and the PCL Staff jumped in on the fun too!
Also on December 17th, Kevin Kidd and the Williamson Branch girls came to perform for a special holiday show!
Margo and Vera ready for a story with Vera’s Mom.
Charlotte and Scout planning their next big build!
We had a blast at Read!Play!Grow! on December 18th. There were 17 little friends there to read and sing about winter and of course, LOTS of play!
We had two crafty days of Elves’ Workshop on Friday December 18th and again on Monday December 21st. The PCL provided the materials for children and families to make holiday gifts and decorations.
I (Miss Chelsea) was able to sub in for Mrs. Donovan during story time on December 22nd. We read some Christmas stories and a special reindeer felt board story. Mr. Matt lead story time on December 23rd and read animal Christmas stories!
I lead story time this week (December 29th, 30th, and 31st) with stories about ringing in the New Year! We also read a story about the Chinese New Year and made paper chain dragons after! Pictured above is our one and only story time attendee on December 31st, Rylee, who came for the last story time of 2015!
**Happy New Year from all of us here at the Putnam County Library! We hope to see you in 2016!**
Click Here to see the January Program and Events Calendar!
The Page Turners Book Club met on Monday to discuss September’s book, Esperanza Rising by Pam Muñoz Ryan. We had a good discussion about what we loved about the book and how we could relate to Esperanza’s story. Continue reading
Putnam County Library Events
- The Page Turner’s Book Club will meet Monday at 5:30 p.m. to discuss Three Times Lucky by Sheila Turnage. This open book club features titles selected for the 10-12 year old reader.
- The Teen Gaming Club will meet Tuesday at 3:30 p.m. and is open to teens age 12-17. Play cards, conquer kingdoms, and outwit friends! Retro video games provided.
- Kids Draw will meet Wednesday at 3:30 p.m. This free draw session is great for families and materials are provided. Children under age 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
- A Microsoft Word class will be held Thursday at 10 a.m.
- Come to the 3D CAD Lab this Thursday at 4 p.m. to work with a group using self paced tutorials that teach 3D design. Computers and software with easy tutorials provided. No prior experience required. Open to all ages, youth and adult.
- Read!Play!Grow! with us this Friday at 10 a.m. This program for children ages birth to three years is part baby bounce, part literacy minded play, part early literacy education, and lots of fun!
Putnam County Library System Branch Events
- The Algood Branch Library offers Story Time every Monday at 1 p.m. They also offer job search help, resume assistance, and genealogy research tips with no appointment required during normal hours of operation.
- The Baxter Branch Library’s book club will meet Friday at 11:00 a.m. to discuss A Good American by Alex George. Baxter also offers Story Time every Wednesday at 1 p.m.
- The Monterey Branch Quilter’s Club will meet Tuesday at 2:00 p.m. Story Time is offered every Wednesday at 11 a.m. The Lego Club will meet Saturday at 11 a.m. Children under age 10 must remain accompanied by an adult.