Complete weekly virtual and at-home activities to become a Norbert’s Reading Ranger! Once you’ve earned your badge, pick it up at the Children’s Library between June 28th and July 10th.
For Week 2 of Norbert’s Reading Rangers, we’ve got activities that are all about wildlife. Complete at least 3 of the following challenges, and don’t forget to participate in Weeks 3 and 4 to qualify for your Norbert’s Reading Ranger badge! If you missed Week 1, you can still go back and complete it
1. Watch Smokieee’s Black Bear Journaling video to learn about black bears.
2. Complete the National Park Foundation’s Wildlife Word Search. Don’t have a printer? Visit the Children’s Library to pick up a copy of the word search!
3. Learn about bears by watching Smokieee’s “We Are Bears” music video.
4. Color Smokieee’s Pileated Woodpecker Coloring Page. Visit the Children’s Library if you need a printed copy or want to borrow some crayons!
5. Color Smokieee’s Spotted Salamander Coloring Page. Visit the Children’s Library if you need a printed copy or want to borrow some crayons!
6. Read a book about bears, salamanders, or another animal that interests you!
7. Go on an adventure in Great Smoky Mountains National Park with this video from Smokieee’s.
8. Play a guessing game with Smokieee’s Magic Drawing Bear videos.
9. Learn about Appalachia’s Eastern Hellbender with Freshwaters Illustrated’s video.
10. Use Smokieee’s video guide to draw a salamander.