Celebrate summer with Putnam County Library System’s community-wide Summer Reading Program. This year’s theme is Imagine your Story.
It’s easy to sign up and participate!
- Visit http://pclibrary.readsquared.com/ beginning May 22nd, or download the READsquared app (available for both Android and iOS).
- Create an account by clicking “Register.”
- Log your reading every day, May 22 – July 4.
- When you reach your goal (minimum 5 days of reading for 5 weeks), you’ve completed the program and can print your certificate. (10 points max per day in Readsquared)
How do I earn a free book?
It’s easy — just keep reading! Earn points by reading each day and logging it on Readsquared.
1 Day of Reading = 10 points (when logging for one day of reading, enter the number “1” then select the date)
5 Days of Reading (50 points) = Badge/Prize Book!
You can earn up to 5 Badges/Prize Books throughout the program.
How do I receive prizes?
You do not have to rush out to the library to pick up a prize after each badge earned.
You can wait until you finish the program and pick out all of your books at the end, collect a few badges and pick them up in the middle, or stop by each week. You can choose the frequency of prize pick-up. Check with your PCLS Branch location to confirm their hours of operation.
Why can’t I log more than 250 points?
There’s no such thing as “too much” reading, but for the purposes of earning points in the Summer Reading Program, logging your reading for 5 days/week for 5 weeks is the maximum.
What prizes are available this year?
For the 2020 program, we are focused on books and reading, so participants will earn free books!
Until Friday, May 22nd, there will be a “Coming Soon” page with a countdown, feel free to register for a reminder to sign up!
On the READSquared site by the login section, you’ll find the link to register.
The first option you’ll have is to choose to register either as an individual or a family. To register an individual click “Myself” and follow the prompts. Once you’re finished, you’ll be taken to your Dashboard.
If you want to set up a family account, click “Myself and Children,” and follow these steps:
- Create the adult account first. Choose your age and “Adult Imagine Your Story” from the drop-down lists.
- Enter your information and create a username and password.
- After your setup is finished, select child #1’s age and reading program, then enter their information on the next page. (No need to create a separate username, you can manage the whole family from one account!)
- If you need to add another child, click “continue” and repeat step 3. Otherwise click “finished” and you’ll be taken to your Dashboard.
Managing Multiple Accounts
On the left side of the dashboard, you’ll see a drop down list where you can toggle the different individuals linked on your account. You can see their details all from your screen.
If you originally signed up as yourself, you can still create a family account either by linking to existing accounts, or adding new ones. Just click on the “Account” drop down to see either of these options. From this screen you can also manage any previously linked accounts.
To enter the days that you’ve read, click “Logging” or the pencil icon from your Dashboard. From here click on “Log Reading.” On the next screen enter “1” and select the date. None of the other fields are required, but you may also include the title, author, and a book review if you wish.
For those managing multiple accounts, you can actually enter days read for the whole family. If you’re only entering days for one person, be sure to un-check the other names listed at the bottom of the window. Hit submit, and you’re finished!
Click on this tab to view your reading log, reviews written, missions (click “other”), and any prizes won. Note that on your reading log you can change details like adding books to your logged days, but you cannot delete or alter days entered. If you have made a mistake and need your log adjusted, contact us and we’ll take care of that for you.
Questions? Contact one of the library branches for assistance: